Recipe serves 6
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 ½ cup risoni
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 700 ml vegetable stock (homemade preferable)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 150g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, thickly grated
- 1 chili, finely sliced (without the seeds)
- 1 zucchini, only the skin(green part), thickly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g cold butter in cubes
- 100g parmesan cheese finely grated, plus a little extra to serve, if you like
Heat olive oil in a wide, shallow, non stick pan and ass onion, leek and garlic. Fry, keeping the heat fairly high, until all have turned golden. Add ginger, curry and risoni. Stir all ingredients well. Tip in the wine and simmer until it’s all absorbed.
Gradually add the vegetable stock liquid(it should be heated in another pan), stirring until the risoni is almost tender, the add coconut milk. The risoni should be “al dente”.
Add mushrooms, carrot, fresh chili,zucchini skin and stir for 3 min. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Remove pot from heat, add butter and parmesan cheese, close the pot for a few minutes. Open the pot and stir until cheese and butter are melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
[check the event here]